It’s simple. This is the month of giving. It’s also a month of reflecting for me.
That being said, as I reflect this month on what’s important to our work, I want to share resources that I have found useful to support one-on-one and group coaching sessions.
Improving thinking is critical to our work, and so, here are 5 key cognitive strategies that are necessary for student success along with five suggestions for using this resource.
Five Ways You Can Use This Resource:
- Engage peers in reflective dialogue during instructional coaching sessions
- Share with (upper grade) students to enhance their ownership of learning
- Ensure common language and common understanding among staff
- Use when evaluating a lesson to ensure activity alignment
- Study for yourself to ensure your own clarity